Friday, February 22, 2008

Crippled Bowling



Today, my family went bowling with some friends. All of us kids bowled while the Adults sat around and talked. Lately I have only been able to wear one shoe because my cast won't fit in a shoe. It was quite awkward when I got up to the place where they rent out shoes and only asked for one shoe. It's not that easy to bowl when your crippled. We went bowling with Sam, Jacob, Melissa (melimouse), Sarah (Sam's sister), my two sisters (Audra and Alicia), Jackie (Sam's little cousin), and Margret (Sam's other sister). Sam, Jacob, Melissa, and I were in one lane and Sarah, Audra, Alicia, Jackie, and Margret were in another lane.


The first game our lane played we played serious. The second we did wacky techniques like you had to bowl with your eyes closed or something like that. Most of us participated in that.


After that, we ate junk food at McDonald's to top it all off.

The second picture is a picture of the moms. The bottom left one is my mom, The bottom right is Melissa's mom, the top left is Jacob's mom, and the top right is Sam's mom. Melissa and Alicia are also in the background.

10 comments:

Kenyan Diaspora Pro-democracy Movement said...

Nice Blog!You are a great young man! How is Zimbabwe? I stopped there once on my way to Malawi. I am from Kenya, currently in Michigan. Thanks.
Gerald

Anonymous said...

I thought it was fun today! I like bowling.....

SilverWolf said...

What was your score, the most i usually score is 110

Martha said...

Who is Gerald? Did he go bowling too?

Anonymous said...

you're bowling with a cast on???? don't drop the ball on it!

Misha said...

That sounds like fun! I've never been bowling... Much less bowling with a cast on!

Gudl said...

Nice post, Allen.
I was very happy to see that my daughter scored highest among you young men (I had to rub that in !!)

;-)

But you had a handicap, we have to keep that in mind. You did great with only one foot.

worminator said...

i forget, who didn't participate in the wacky bowling, MELISSA!!!

Priscilla said...

It was a good time!

Anonymous said...

I like bowling.